Working on a story? Visit Santa Cruz County (VSCC) supports qualified traditional media working on feature stories about and editorial coverage of the Santa Cruz County area. VSCC can assist with obtaining video, professional photography and assistance with press trips. As a courtesy, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
Video footage is supplied by VSCC for editorial purposes and for the purpose of promoting Santa Cruz County as a tourist destination to qualified media.
VSCC can provide photos from its photography library to promote and publicize Santa Cruz County as a conference and visitor destination to qualified media. Photography may be used as a resource for consumer and media publications to accompany editorial feature stories for one-time editorial, non-commercial use only, to promote travel to Santa Cruz County. Images may not be copied or distributed to a third party.
All photography rights remain at all times the exclusive property of its owner. Credit line must read “Photo courtesy of Visit Santa Cruz County/name or initials of photographer.”
User must agree that no monetary consideration will be made from these photos, and that the photos will be used for CONFERENCE, TRAVEL AND/OR TOURISM EDITORIAL PURPOSES ONLY and not for commercial or advertising use.
VSCC looks forward to assisting media with itinerary ideas tailored to your editorial needs, offering you an exclusive Santa Cruz County experience, including the latest hotels, restaurants and attractions. Interview subjects that can provide you with a fresh, local perspective are available.
For qualified media who would like to visit the area, please adhere to the following guidelines:
A written request must be received by VSCC (via e-mail) at least four weeks before your planned arrival date. Please include the following:
- For print and online outlets: assignment details, including: name of publication, circulation or UVM information, how frequently it is published (daily, weekly or monthly), and the expected publication date of the piece.
- Name and contact information for your editor, publisher, assignment editor or news director.
- For broadcast outlets: name of the program, audience numbers and expected time and date of broadcast.
- Include assignment and copies of recently published articles, or segments.
- The dates you plan to visit and your interests.
- Your contact information and how you prefer to be contacted.
- Finally, VSCC asks that you send copies of or links to articles or broadcast segments as a result of your visit. We will forward copies to local businesses that are featured in your article or broadcast.
In addition, please note the following:
- We cannot accommodate a spouse or partner unless he/she/they is/are officially assigned to the same story.
- We cannot accommodate children or pets on press visits unless previous arrangements have been made.
- VSCC can offer complimentary accommodations in some instances with a maximum of two nights at a lodging property.
Accommodations cannot always be secured at a complimentary or discounted media rate due to high season, holidays or conventions. You may be responsible for the applicable lodging costs.
Requests for media assistance or press visits can be submitted to VSCC’s Director of Communications.
Thank you for your interest in the diversity, history and culture of Santa Cruz County and we look forward to working with you to educate the traveling public about all there is to see and do in our area. We will do our best to accommodate your needs within these guidelines and appreciate your cooperation.