DOGCATION® GETAWAY CONTEST RULES
CONTEST RULES – DogCation® Getaway Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES FULL ACCEPTANCE OF ALL RULES. THIS CONTEST IS VOID IN NEW YORK, FLORIDA, RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, U.S. MILITARY INSTALLATIONS AND OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sponsor: Visit Santa Cruz County (VSCC), 303 Water Street, Suite 100, Santa Cruz, California, 95060, USA. Telephone: 831-425-1234. E-mail: email@example.com.
Dates: The DogCation® Let’s Cruz Safely Getaway Sweepstakes Contest begins on or about April 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2021.
Grand Prize for the DogCation® Getaway Sweepstakes Contest includes: -night Stay at the Chaminade Resort & Spa – a pet-friendly property – with breakfast for two; $25 Gift Certificate to Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing (dog-friendly); two (2) tickets to ride the train at Roaring Camp Railroads (dog-friendly); two (2) O’Neill brand facemasks, Santa Cruz stickers, and other Santa Cruz swag. Any and all prizes may include some restrictions, blackout dates and are subject to availability. Travel to, from and within Santa Cruz County not included.
Eligibility: Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. One entry per adult per week for weekly giveaways and one entry per adult for the “Grand Prize.” An entry is defined as the following information submitted: a valid first and last name, mailing address, and email address, which are required to enter the contest and should be used on the entry form. You cannot submit an entry on behalf of anyone but yourself. Duplicate entries will be removed. By entering the weekly giveaway contest, entrants are automatically entered for and are eligible for the “Grand Prize”. All entries and information therein become the property of the Sponsor. This sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the United States except where prohibited by law or the following: employees of Visit Santa Cruz County, contest sponsors and co-sponsors, their affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, agents, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, and the families of each. Entrant must be 21 years or older for wine or beer tasting-related prizes or activities, either relating to the grand prize or weekly prize giveaways.
Odds: Odds of winning will depend upon number of eligible entries received.
Winner Announcement: Winner will be drawn on or about DATE HERE (within two weeks after end of contest) 2021 via random selection. The winner need not be present at drawing to win, and will be notified via telephone, mail, or email within fourteen (14) days of the drawing.
Winner Responsibilities: Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and/or proof of age. Accepted forms of documentation include a state-issued identification card, valid driver’s license and/or U.S. Passport within fourteen (14) days following notification of the prize by the winner. Failure to provide proof of age will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
All contestants/participants acknowledge as a condition of entry, that Visit Santa Cruz County has a right to publicize or broadcast their name, image and likeness for promotional purposes. By entering the prize drawing, winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness for publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
Promotion: By entering this contest, each participant grants Visit Santa Cruz County and its affiliates, if he/she wins a prize hereunder, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable license and right to use, exhibit, broadcast, display, reproduce, alter, modify, publish, and transmit for this contest the participant’s photograph, voice, name, hometown, image and likeness in whole or in part, in and in connection with the publicity, advertising, exhibiting, marketing, promotion and exploitation of the business of Visit Santa Cruz County and its affiliates in any manner and in all media throughout the world without any compensation, consideration or consent. Promotion and announcement of the winner may be made – although is not limited to – through print, broadcast and social media channels. The winner will be required to waive any and all claims against the Sponsors, and their respective affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives for any loss which may occur from participation in the contest or from the receipt or use of the prize. Non-compliance will result in disqualification and forfeit of prize.
Winner must provide all necessary Federal and State tax-reporting information and proof of proper insurance before receiving prize. All local, state, and federal taxes, and fees apply and are the winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items once in the winner’s possession. Sweepstakes winner releases sponsor of any liability incurred in connection with acceptance of the prize. No transfer or substitution of prizes allowed. To obtain a written notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with written request to: Visit Santa Cruz County, 303 Water Street, Suite 100, Santa Cruz California, 95060.
Limitations of Liability: Acceptance of the prize constitutes a release of Visit Santa Cruz County and all affiliated contest co-sponsors, its agents and employees from all responsibility to the winner. Transportation to, from, and within Santa Cruz County is not included in the prize package, unless otherwise stated.
General Terms and Conditions: By entering this contest, each participant agrees to these rules, and the decision of the sponsor will be final. Incomplete entries will not be counted. Visit Santa Cruz County and their affiliate co-sponsors, their employees, affiliates, contractors, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be held liable for: (1) late, lost, misdirected, incorrect, or incomplete entries. (2) any equipment malfunction, such as Internet, network, server, telephone, etc. (3) any injuries, loss, or damage caused or created as a result of the prize, acceptance of the prize, or use of the prize. (4) any printing or typographical errors in any material related in any way to this site. Visit Santa Cruz County reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time in the event of an uncontrollable computer virus or equipment malfunction that may corrupt the proper play or administration of the contest.
COVID-19 Waiver: By entering the “Let’s Cruz Safely Vacation Getaway Sweepstakes Contest”, entrant acknowledges the following:
1. Winner acknowledges the contagious and potentially lethal nature of the COVID-19 virus and its variants and voluntarily assumes the risk of exposure or infection by COVID-19 while participating in this voluntary promotional trip, and/or by accepting hosted lodging accommodations, restaurant meals, attraction/business visits, or other invitations from or through the “Let’s Cruz Safely Vacation Getaway Sweepstakes Contest” from Visit Santa Cruz County or its destination and hospitality partners.
2. Winner agrees that by entering the contest any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Visit Santa Cruz County and its destination and hospitality partners, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after the visit are waived.
3. Winner acknowledges and agrees to take appropriate precautions while in Santa Cruz County, including maintaining vigorous personal hygiene, including frequent hand washing and/or hand sanitizing; staying at least six feet from persons not living in the same household; and to wear a face covering at all times, except when necessary for eating or drinking or in emergency situations. These protocols are also outlined in Visit Santa Cruz County’s Safety Pledge Campaign. (https://www.santacruz.org/partners/covid-19-resources/)
4. Winner states that if he/she/they experiences any symptoms of COVID-19 or other communicable diseases identified by the Centers for Disease Control, the California Department of Public Health, and the Santa Cruz County Department of Health Services, or has a fever, feels feverish or exhibits any other symptoms related to COVID-19 or its variants within 72 hours prior to the start of the visit, he/she/they will reschedule their trip.
5. Winner acknowledges that Visit Santa Cruz County, its Sponsors, and their respective affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any expenses incurred should they be quarantined or become ill before, during or after their trip.
The materials and information on this site are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. Unless otherwise noted, the graphic images, buttons, layout, and text contained in this website are the exclusive property of Visit Santa Cruz County and their co-sponsors and may not be copied or distributed, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of Visit Santa Cruz County.