Santa Cruz County is known for its unique landscape of mountains, valleys, and redwood forests, along with the unforgettable 29 miles of beaches and coastline. Vacationers looking to explore the county find both peace and convenience when booking their stay in Scotts Valley. Just a 10 minute drive to the beach and even less time to the redwoods, Scotts Valley is an ideal location to launch your Santa Cruz County vacation.
The gorgeous Hilton Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley has fairy tale charm with its castle-like architecture and setting among the redwoods. The lobby itself is a sight to behold with its grand entry and 50-foot high ceilings. And with their recently renovated suites and guest rooms, heated pool and Jacuzzi, fitness studio, and on-site restaurant and bar, you’ll have every reason to want to make the Hilton your vacation homebase.
Another stellar option is the Best Western Plus – Scotts Valley Inn. With the convenience of being right “over the hill” from the Bay Area, this comfortable and conveniently located hotel makes for a great vacation or business stay. You’ll also enjoy the pool in the often 10 degrees warmer temps of Scotts Valley compared to Santa Cruz.
And the recently opened Four Points by Sheraton Scotts Valley hosts 128 rooms, 1,400 square feet of market-leading meeting facilities, plus a boardroom with attached patio, full service breakfast dining, evening dinner and light bites, and a large veranda surrounded by the upland slopes of the Santa Cruz Mountains and vineyards.
Beyond the convenience, Scotts Valley is also an exceptional community known for its family-friendly appeal and offerings. With many parks including county favorite, Skypark, you can stretch your legs, ride bikes, play a game of bocce ball, and enjoy the redwood mountains surrounding the pleasant valley. Skypark also features a pump track, skate park, and a popular dog park for locals, and visitors traveling with their pooch. And speaking of pet-friendly travel, both the Hilton Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley and Best Western Scotts Valley welcome your four-legged companion.
EVENTS, FARMERS MARKET AND MORE
There are many popular and seasonal, family-friendly events that take place in Scotts Valley including: Music at the Park, Movies at the Park, Food Truck events, the Annual Art, Wine & Beer Festival, the 4th of July Parade and Fireworks Show, Car Shows, and many more. See some of the upcoming Scotts Valley events here.
Santa Cruz County has a true appreciation for art and Scotts Valley is no exception. As you explore the area you will find many colorful murals and art installations that add charm, and often historical significance to the area. Three notable murals are found at the Scotts Valley Public Library, Camp Evers, and the CineLux Theater – which is a great spot to take a break from the travel activity with some popcorn and a movie.
Clearly Scotts Valley is a convenient, comfortable, and family-friendly locale in the county, but here are some other fun, nearby ideas to inspire adventure and discovery during your stay:
- All Aboard at Roaring Camp Railroads! Ride through ancient redwoods on an old-fashioned steam train, or hop on a beach train and arrive at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Did you know your dog can ride the train?
- Continue your redwood journey with a hike through Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, adjacent to Roaring Camp Railroads. The Redwood Grove Loop Trail is a must for all ages and levels–it’s stroller and wheelchair-friendly and features unique old-growth redwoods.
- Looking for an adrenaline high? Experience the redwoods like never before–from 150 feet up in the air! Mount Hermon Adventures offers 2-hour guided eco-tours through the redwood canopy on 6 zip lines and two sky bridges.
- Book a tee time at Pasatiempo Golf Club, a world famous course designed by renowned golf architect Alister MacKenzie. Enjoy rich history, challenging holes, and breathtaking views of the Monterey Bay on one of the few Alister MacKenzie originals available for public play.
- Escape to the Santa Cruz Mountains wine region where sipping opportunities abound. Plan a vineyard picnic, meet winemakers, and enjoy a leisurely day of wine tasting and finding that perfect bottle to savor back home or on the balcony of your suite.
- Hit the beach! Scotts Valley is just 10 minutes away from the beach and Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Thrill rides and cool waves will complete your quintessential beach town experience!