Trail Guide: Goat Rock at Castle Rock SP
I love using Instagram as a way to get inspired for travels and adventures. A quick location search and I can see a slew of current (sometimes practically live) photos of spots I’m looking to explore. On my latest hunt for a good hike I searched Castle Rock State Park and kept seeing these amazing boulders and grand vistas that I knew I wanted to see for myself. Take a peek at these Castle Rock photos - and more specifically, Goat Rock Trail photos - and get inspired for your next adventure!
Photo by Instagram, @madamericano
Photo by Instagram, @haleyrose620
Photo by Instagram, @alyeecali
Check out this Yelp review by Vinay M. of Santa Clara:
...keeping it short...my views of this park:
- Why hadn't i visited this park before?
- Nature at its best..pristine and raw
- Rock climbing in the wilderness
- Cliff on one side of mud paved trail path
- Wonderful rock shapes and cool views
- Shades under green(algae) covered redwoods
- Again, Why hadn't i visited this park before?
Enjoy it when you get a chance.
- Arrive early (by 7 am). Roadside free parking for nearly 20 cars
- Hiking shoes. Anti-skid kind
- Keep it clean. Nature has done its job well, so should we.
- Keep going on the trail. That rock is not the dead end.
Additional info and facts about Castle Rock State Park:
Features 5,242 acres of parkland, 35 miles of hiking trails, two backpacking campgrounds and some equestrian trails. No dogs. 2.5 miles SE of Saratoga Gap (Hwy 9 and Hwy 35).
Castle Rock State Park
15000 Skyline Blvd.
Los Gatos, CA 95033
Phone: 408.867.2952 831.338.8861 (Backpacking Reservations)
Open 6am to sunset
You need to login