Año Nuevo in the winter months is a must. Elephant seal bulls battle it out in the surf while females come ashore to birth their pups. It’s wildlife at its best and the setting couldn’t be better. Plus, from mid December through March 31st, knowledgeable docent naturalists give park goers a guided tour chock full of facts during your up close and personal look at these gigantic creatures.
These very popular guided tours are offered daily from December 15 – March 31, 8:45am – 2:45pm (rain or shine), and are 3 miles long round trip. And if you need mobility assistance, the park offers “Equal Access Seal Tours” where visitors can board an accessible van that will transport to a wheelchair-accessible boardwalk where the tour will begin. What a great service! For more info on guided tours, jump to the bottom of this page.
Now let’s enjoy some recent visits to the park and get inspired for your next trip to the elephant seals at Año Nuevo!
- Available December 15 – March 31, 8:45am – 2:45pm daily (rain or shine)
- Tour is 3 miles roundtrip and is approximately 2.5 hours long
- Layered clothing, sturdy shoes and rain gear are recommended
- $7 per person
- Pets are not allowed in park
- Strollers and umbrellas are not permitted
- Advanced reservations are strongly recommended and can be made with Reserve America at 1.800.444.4445 or at anonuevo.reserveamerica.com
Equal Access Tours:
- Available Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, December 18 – March 20, at 10am & 1pm
- $7 per person
- Reservations are required
- Please contact the park at 650.879.2033 or email email@example.com for reservations
- Due to limited space, each person with mobility needs can bring up to two guest/assistants.
Make a Santa Cruz winter wildlife getaway a reality this season! Check out these AMAZING 3-for-2 night lodging deals happening NOW in Santa Cruz County and request a FREE Birding and Wildlife Watch Kit to help you map out your trip!